How To Celebrate A Tea-Inspired Valentine’s Day
The special day to celebrate love is just around the corner. Whether you’re planning a grand surprise or a low-key day with your loved one, it’s the perfect time to shower your partner with love and affection. From treating your significant other to a delicious breakfast in bed to giving them a special tea-gift, here’s how to celebrate a tea-inspired Valentine’s Day.
Breakfast in Bed
Wake your partner up with the first surprise for the day and treat them to a delicious breakfast in bed. A nourishing start to the day will energise and prepare them for all the surprises you’ve got in store as you celebrate your love. Brew a cup of Exceptional English Breakfast Tea, whether you’re serving a classic English breakfast with eggs, bacon and hash browns, or a simple cereal, this tea is bound to help. The strong flavours of the tea complement the intense flavours of your breakfast meal. This bright morning tea is robust and strong in flavour giving you just the right kick to start your day.
How to Brew English Breakfast Tea
- Bring fresh water to boil
- Add 1 teaspoon per person to 220ml of water
- Let it brew for 3-5 minutes.
Benefits of English Breakfast Tea
As with all black teas, English Breakfast Tea is packed with a variety of health benefits. English Breakfast is ideal for the mornings as it holds a substantial amount of caffeine, enabling your brain and body to wake up and seize the day!
Pack a picnic basket with your partner’s favourite snacks and head out to the park or beach for an afternoon picnic. Refresh yourself with a Lemon & Lime Iced Tea cordial that’s easy to make; as long as you have ice cubes and water! If you really want to impress your partner, pair it with a special, tea-inspired snack, like chocolate truffles.
Dilmah Earl Grey infused Chocolate Truffles Recipe - (https://www.teainspired.com/dilmah-recipes/tea-infused-recipes/dilmah-earl-grey-infused-chocolate-truffles)
- 160ml thickened cream
- 40g of unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Dilmah Exceptional Elegant Earl Grey loose tea leaves
- 170g bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 100g feuilletine
- Murray River pink salt, to decorate
- In a small saucepan, over high heat, combine cream and butter. Allow it to boil and then remove from heat. Add Earl Grey tea leaves and stir in. Set aside for 5 minutes allowing it to infuse.
- In a heatproof bowl, add the chocolate in and pour the hot cream through a sieve over the chocolate. Stir the chocolate until the mixture is smooth. Place it in the fridge until it gets firm.
- Place the feuilletine in a bowl and roll a teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into a ball and roll it over the feuilletine to coat. On an oven tray lined with baking paper, place the coated balls and allow to set before serving.
Benefits of Earl Grey Tea
The Exceptional Elegant Earl Grey tea is a bold and bright Ceylon tea, fused with Bergamot flavour. Whether you opt to infuse it with the recipe above or brew a cup instead, Earl Grey tea benefits are plentiful, from improving your digestion to combating stress. This tea is also a great energy-booster, getting you in the mood for the day’s adventures.
Candlelit Dinner for Two
End the night with a romantic candlelit dinner for two. Take your love to the kitchen and pour it into a scrumptious, home cooked dinner for you and your loved one, or take them out to their favourite restaurant instead. After a hearty meal, cuddle up with your partner and serve them a soothing cup of Chai Tea & Almond Comforter, to end the night on a comforting tea-note.
Chai Tea & Almond Comforter Recipe
- 400ml almond milk
- 400ml spring water, at 100C
- 4 Dilmah Exceptional Spice Chai tea bags
- 8 tsp Manuka honey
- 2 pcs orange peel
How to Prepare
- Warm the milk in a pan.
- Steep the tea with two pieces of orange peel for 5 minutes to make a strong brew. Add in the honey and dissolve. Remove the tea bags and orange peels.
- Combine the tea and milk. Serve in a handless cup, like the Dilmah Lumiere Double Wall Glass.
Benefits of Chai
One of the main benefits of Chai is that it greatly aids in digestion. The spice in chai tea like ginger and pepper are key elements that are responsible for the various health benefits on your digestive system and will work well after a scrumptious dinner!
Tea Gifts for your Valentine
A box of calorie-less chocolates sounds like the perfect gift, doesn’t it? While roses and chocolates are the easiest go-to gift, here’s our suggestion for a unique gift that will make your partner feel special! Instead of a box of chocolates, get them a box of Rooibos Chocolate Turmeric, Ginger & Almond Infusions from our Dilmah Infusions range instead. With a natural herb and spice infusion, it can be enjoyed as a hot brew, a refreshing iced tea, or better yet, a delicious smoothie. Check out the recipe below -
Banalmond Smoothie Recipe
- 80 ml Chocolate, Turmeric, Ginger & Almond Infusion (5 minute brew, chilled)
- 80 ml yoghurt
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbs almond slices
- 25 ml honey
How to Prepare
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 15 seconds
- Pour into a short glass
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and orange zest
Check out our range of tea gifts that will make the perfect present for a tea lover, from tea-inspired books and tea presenters to teaware and gift vouchers.